This e-learning course has been specifically designed for primary eyecare practitioners, and is written by world-leading experts in ophthalmology, optometry, anatomy, physiology and evidence-based medicine.
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Learn the latest imaging biomarkers for the detection and monitoring of age-related macular degeneration (AMD), specifically using optical coherence tomography.
- Understand the latest theories on the pathogenesis of AMD, and the correlations between clinical signs and symptoms and retinal changes evident on histopathology.
- Use evidence-based guidelines for the assessment and management of AMD.
- Be able to interpret ocular images to determine individual risk profiles and best management strategies and counselling for patients.
- Develop an understanding of current and emerging treatments for early stages of disease, as well as late-stage AMD, including anti-VEGF injections, stem cells and gene therapy.
Register your interest to receive updates regarding this course.