This e-learning course provides an evidence-based update for clinicians on the novel medications and emerging technologies available to improve outcomes in people with diabetes. Clinical case studies using video vignettes and multiple-choice questions are designed to optimise comprehension and learning.
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Organise and manage the comprehensive care of a patient with diabetes in order to prevent medication risks and reduce the risk of diabetes complications.
- Discuss the indications and benefits of novel medications in diabetes management, including GLP1 analogues, SGLT2 inhibitors and DPPIV inhibitors.
- Describe the current guidelines and management of diabetes in pregnancy.
- Use evidence-based guidelines for assessment and management of hypertension, including the use of Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring.
- Evaluate the care of a patient with new technologies such as an insulin pump or continuous glucose monitoring device.
Register your interest to receive updates regarding this course.