A genetics course designed specifically for maternity health professionals by clinicians with expertise in prenatal screening and diagnosis.
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Strengthen your understanding of DNA and inheritance with specific relevance to reproductive health.
- Understand the principles of prenatal screening and reproductive carrier screening.
- Identify couples that should be offered a genetic counselling referral.
- Become familiar with professional society recommendations for clinical practice.
- Be able to discuss options for screening in a manner that respects a woman’s preferences and values.
- Describe and compare the common prenatal screening tests, including first trimester combined test, non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) and second trimester serum screening.
- Provide general information to patients about prenatal diagnosis and chromosome testing.
Understand the place of assisted reproduction technology and preimplantation genetic testing.
Register your interest to receive updates regarding this course.