This online course includes scientific background and practical clinical information aimed at health practitioners involved in the assessment and treatment of people with obesity.
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Assess patients with obesity using Edmonton Obesity Staging System (EOSS) and set appropriate system-based treatment goals
- Explain body weight regulation to patients
- Construct an evidence-based treatment plan for obesity management
- Access a patient's suitability for intensive weight management interventions including very-low energy diets, pharmacotherapy and bariatric surgery
- List the routine monitoring and medication adjustments recommended for patients prescribed a very-low-energy diet
Register your interest to receive updates regarding this course.